This page is for libraries that wish to borrow items from us via ILL.
Interlibrary Loan Department
Niagara University Library
5795 Lewiston Road
Niagara University, NY 14109-2200
ILL Department Phone:
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments regarding interlibrary loan at Niagara University Library, please contact Samantha Gust, Interlibrary Loan Librarian.
OCLC is the preferred method of requesting items. Requests via ALA forms will incur a $10 surcharge, which is in addition to other possible charges described below.
Our average turnaround time is 1 working day. We make every possible effort to process all requests promptly.
- Doctoral dissertations (if we have more than one copy)
- Master's theses (if we have more than one copy)
- Microfilm and fiche periodicals
- Microfilm and fiche newspapers
- Photocopies of journal articles and pages from books (print and microform)
The loan period is 6 weeks with a single 2-week renewal allowed.
We lend to all foreign libraries using the charges below. Additional shipping charges may be required.
We ship Media Mail via the U.S. Postal Service. If another shipping method is desired, the borrowing library must make the arrangements and pay the charges in full. Flat rate charges per item are as follows:
- Non-profit libraries in zip codes beginning with 13 & 14: FREE
- In-state academic libraries: FREE
- Other non-profit libraries: $15
- Other academic libraries: $15
- Other medical libraries: $15
- For-profit libraries: $25
GROUPS OF LIBRARIES FOR WHICH FEES ARE WAIVED
We do not charge WNYLRC libraries, but we charge WNYLRC medical libraries that charge us.
IFM is the preferred payment method when possible, but we accept IFLA coupons and include invoices with shipment. We do not accept postage stamps as payment.
We accept Jiffy bags. Insurance is not required for all returns but may be required for special items at our discretion.