NU Library has student positions available. See below for the job descriptions, and if you are interested, apply through Handshake, NU's online career portal.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including late nights and weekends.
- Responsible for assisting patrons with a wide range of transactions and inquiries related to the circulation of materials, patron accounts, library policies, reference and access, directional, and of general variety usually in a physical and virtual environment.
- Performing basic maintenance of photocopiers and other Library equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality of patron records.
- Communicate and provide support for events held within the facility.
- Help in the creation of library displays.
- Help promote library events.
- Participates in cross-training and accepts assignments in all Library departments as needed.
- Go to the direct link on Handshake (must claim your Handshake account and login)
- If the direct link doesn't work, login to Handshake, click on "Jobs" and search for job number 6794428
Library Diversity and Inclusion Internship
This paid internship is designed to introduce undergraduate students from historically underrepresented groups to careers in librarianship. Students will work at the main service desk and in the University Archives, as well as being involved in special projects and programming that allows them to explore their interest in librarianship.
- The intern will receive a range of introductory experiences in the major operational units of an academic library. The intern may also have the opportunity to focus on and develop projects in a specific area of the academic library.
- The intern will acquire customer service experience.
- The intern will be provided the opportunity to develop training experience.
- The intern will acquire programming and marketing experience.
- For interns who decide that a career in librarianship is still of interest, guidance on career paths and graduate schools will be provided.
- Some majors might allow academic credit for this internship.
- An interest in librarianship as a possible career.
- Computer skills, including office productivity software.
- Strong communication skills.
- A commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Able to dependably work agreed upon shifts.