User Education Coordinator
- MsED, Niagara University
- M.L.S., University at Buffalo
- B.A. in Art History, Buffalo State College
- Plan, develop and implement instructional and information literacy initiatives for the Library’s User Education program, both in person and online
- Provide discipline-specific information literacy instruction to students and faculty
- Provide individual research assistance to students and faculty
- Provide general reference desk and virtual reference assistance
- Engage community through successful partnerships including various activities with area K-12 schools
- Participate in collection development
- Serve as liaison to several academic departments
- February 2016. SUNYLA Midwinter Online Conference. Do you Kahoot?: Easy Engagement and Assessment in the Classroom. With Bridget Doloresco.
- October 2015. Using ENGAGING to Maximize Effectiveness of Partnerships and Student Learning. New York Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (NYSATE/NYACTE) Conference. Saratoga Springs, NY. With Dr. Paul Vermette and Danyelle Moore.
September 2015. Revitalize your Research Instruction!: Applying the ENGAGING Constructivist Framework in the Library Instruction Classroom. Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy. Savannah, GA. With Dr. Paul Vermette.
- October 2013. The Teaching Professor Technology Conference. Guide On The Side: Faculty-Librarian Collaboration for Online Learning. Atlanta, GA.
- March 2012. Creating Curiosity in Criminal Justice: Promoting Transliteracy Through Problem Based Learning. 3Ts Conference 2012: Engaging Students with Teaching, Technology, and Transliteracy. Albany, NY. With Kimberly Jones.
- October 2010. Applying Educational Theory to Create Active Learning Lesson Plans and Successful Marketing. 7th annual Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy. Savannah, GA. With Stephanie Meyer and Kimberly Jones.
- August 2010. Bridging the Basics of Business through Problem Based Learning and Digital Storytelling. 4th annual SUNY Fredonia Teaching and Learning Conference. Fredonia, NY. With Teresa Cardon, J.D.
- November 2009. ‘It’s Alive!’: Librarian-Faculty Partnerships for Enlivening the Arts. Western New York/Ontario Association of College and Research Libraries Fall Conference. East Aurora, NY. With Dr. Janet Gane and Kimberly Jones.
- November 2009. Enhanced Learning Components to Invigorate Literature Course. International Conference of Education, Research, and Innovation (ICERI). Madrid, Spain. With Dr. Janet Gane.
- January 2009. Metamorphoses: Faculty-Librarian Collaboration in Freshmen Literature. 8th Annual CCTL Conference on Teaching and Learning. Niagara University, NY. With Dr. Janet Gane.
Contributions to Books
- 2016. “Is Greed Good? Using Research to Make Informed, Evidence-Based Decisions.” Fawley, N. & Krysak, N. (Eds.). In The Discovery Tool Cookbook: Recipes for Successful Lesson Plans. Chicago: ACRL Press. With Jeff Miller and Bridget Doloresco.
- 2015. “Password: Keyword Edition.” McClure, H., Bravender, P. & Schaub, G. (Eds.). In Teaching Information Literacy Threshold Concepts: Lesson Plans for Librarians. Chicago: ACRL Press.
- 2014. “Student Perceptions of Academic Librarians: The Influence of Pop Culture and Past Experience.” Pagowsky, N. & Rigby, M. (Eds.). In The Librarian Stereotype: Deconstructing Perceptions and Presentations of Information Work. Chicago: ACRL Press. With Christine Hurko and Allison Schultz.
- 2014. “Cooking Up Collaboration! Faculty-Librarian Partnership Using Guide on the Side for Online Instruction.” In The Embedded Librarian’s Cookbook: Recipes for Making Long-Term Connections. Kvenild, C. & Calkins, K. (Eds.). Chicago: ACRL Press. With Blake Carver, Kristin Burger and Natalie Bennett.
- 2012. “Using Small Group Individual Diagnosis to Improve Online Instruction.” In To Improve the Academy, Vol. 31. J.E. Groccia (Ed.). New York: Jossey-Bass. With Dr. Jennifer Herman.
- 2011. “Ellie Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Archives” Let the Games Begin! Engaging Students with Interactive Information Literacy Instruction. With Kimberly Jones.
- 2010. Bridging the Basics of Business Law Through Digital Storytelling. The Business Research Consortium (BRC) Journal of
Advances in Education. Volume 1, Number 2. With Teresa Cardon, J.D.
Awards and Honors
- Summer 2014. Outstanding Employee of the Quarter. Niagara University.
- April 2013. Assessment Grant Awarded. Niagara University General Education Committee.
- Spring 2010. Active and Integrative Learning grant received from Committee on College Teaching and Learning awarded for Creating Curiosity in Criminal Justice: Using Problem Based Learning Scenarios to Engage Freshmen at the Introductory Level. Niagara University.
- Spring 2010. Excellence in Customer Service Award for Outstanding Work at the Reference Desk. Niagara University Library.
- 2013 - 2014. Interim Secretary, New York Library Association (NYLA)
- 2010 – 2012. Secretary, Committee Board, Graduate School of Education Alumni Association. University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2009 - 2010. Member, Niagara Reads Committee, Niagara University, Niagara University, NY 14109
- 2009 – 2010. Member, Faculty Learning Community, Niagara University, Niagara University, NY 14109
- 2008 – 2009. Member, Mentorship Committee, Graduate School of Education Alumni Association. University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2010 - present. Western New York Information Literacy Alliance
- 2009 – present. Western New York Reference Services Forum
- Using games to teach library instruction
- Faculty Librarian Collaboration
- Curriculum integration
- Teaching methods
- Art History with Museum Studies
- Castellani Art Museum
- Criminal Justice
- Education - Graduate
- Education - Leadership and Policy Doctoral Program
- Mental Health Counseling
- Social Work
- Sport Management